Monday, December 02, 2013

Music Video Monday: Richard Marx



This Monday marks the one week anniversary when I learned that Celine acted in such a way that ended any possible romantic future between us. When we first started getting to know each other, so many love songs popped into my head that described what I felt and they all seem so "cheesy" now. I mean, songs like "I Knew I Loved You" by Savage Garden, "Cherish" by Madonna, "In Love" by Ronnie Milsap, "Rush Rush" by Paula Abdul, "Love Changes Everything" by Sarah Brightman. Interestingly, though, each time a "red flag" presented itself to me that made me doubt that a relationship with Celine was possible, this song by Richard Marx would always pop into my head. "Should've Known Better." Yup. Ain't that the truth. You live and learn. I've always loved this song...but now, it will forever be associated with my summer with Celine. A promise that ended in heartbreak. Perhaps even a lie that I thought was real. But, I learned that lesson and I won't be repeating it because I took a risk that went against my principles and in the end, the experience only proved the reason why I have principles in the first place and should never compromise them for anyone.

1 comment:

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

Sometimes synchronicity seems to be giving us a particular path, but i's actually a choice that we may or may not take. I think you're wiser now, Sansego.