Monday, June 04, 2012

Music Video Monday: Norah Jones



At the recent conference put on by the company I work for, I sat at a table with a group of people who work for the company at their office in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. This company was bought by the company I work for several years ago and their focus is on New Age, meditation, Celtic music, world music, and other genres in what I would consider a more "positive vibe" music. The man who heads this sub-company (subsidiary?) recommended that I listen to Norah Jones new CD. I remember liking her voice and song that she became known for about a decade ago, but I did not really love it. But, this man insisted that her latest CD is amazing and definitely worth listening to and buying. Working as I do for a music company, all I have to do is order a CD from warehouse to have it delivered to my desk so I can listen to it for free for however long. Usually, I'll keep a CD at my desk for a couple months, then buy a copy of the ones I really love after multiple listens.

Immediately, I was struck by Norah Jones' new sound. It's less jazzy than her debut and has a cool, infectious vibe. Particularly this song, "Say Goodbye." What a terrific sound! She should totally be asked to perform the next James Bond theme song (not sure anything can be done with the title Skyfall, though). Her album is called Little Broken Hearts and if you like this song, chances are good that you'll love the entire album. Its quirky with a unique and alluring sound. This is what great CDs are made of (watch out, Kaya! Norah Jones is aiming at replacing you as my most listened to CD of the moment).

1 comment:

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

Wow, I love her voice. Is she a reincarnated Janis Joplin without the issues??