Monday, February 27, 2012

Music Video Monday: TLC



In honour of Rozonda "Chili" Thomas' (of the girl group TLC) 41st birthday today, the music video selection for the week is one of my favourite TLC videos: "Digging On You." What I like about this video is that it shows concert footage, intercut with various clips of TLC members acting goofy backstage. The video represents the excitement of TLC and is quite compelling. They put on a good show and this song is also catchy in its unique rhythm. The energy of the song is positive and builds excitement, particularly in the beginning.

Back in 1995 and 1996, I was really into TLC and found all three of them attractive, though T-Boz is the one I find the most attractive (love her vibe). Chili seems to be the sweetest one of the three, or the "Cool" in the title of their sophomore smash hit CD: CrazySexyCool. Since I did a post on TLC last August for Girl Group week, I have nothing new to add, other than to say: "Happy Birthday, Chili!" Hope you're digging on your birthday cake!

No comments: