Tuesday, November 29, 2011

No, I haven't Been Raptured

I haven't blogged in a long while and there's a reason for that. Though I did add a few tonight, there are quite a few more posts that I'm planning to add for November, so you're just going to have to read back over them if you're interested (planned posts include: Jim Jones and Jonestown Massacre; Irish dancing; film review of The Descendants; 1991 Christmas Newsletter; book review of Higher Ground; and perhaps a few on the Republicans, or maybe not).

The last post I had on here was the film review of J. Edgar, from November 12th. I fell behind because that was a depressing weekend. It was the weekend when the mayor of Portland ordered the evacuation of the two squares that had been Occupy Portland's camp for over a month. I was enthralled and hooked to the TV and the livestream video on the Internet for the entire weekend. I've been meaning to write a post about the Occupy movement, but I felt like I needed to learn more about it before I could write about it. Then, I got busy with my social life (amazing, huh?). It just became completely overwhelming. Then Thanksgiving was approaching and I had to get my newsletter finalized and printed, and spend time writing the cards to people. There never seems to be enough time! Add to that, the daily hilarity with one Republican presidential candidate after another. If it wasn't Rick Perry's idiocy, it was Herman Cain's or Michele Bachmann's. I had planned to write a post about how making fun of the Republican candidates has become the equivalent of shooting fish in a barrel. It was just too easy and seems almost cruel.

So, that's where I've been. This post might appear pointless at some future point, once I've filled in the dates for November when a post should have been published on my blog. Instead of writing past posts chronologically and trying to catch up, I will maintain a daily post and if I have time, I'll write an older post to appear in November. I'm striving for 22 posts per month. No particular reason. Just because I love that number. Thanks for sticking by me. I've never gone this long without posting something, since I first started the blog in 2007!

1 comment:

T said...

Was wondering! Good to see you back.
- Trish