Monday, June 13, 2011

Music Video Monday: Susan Werner



The song "May I Suggest" by Susan Werner was the song that the Groomsmen, Bridesmaids, Groomswomen, and Brideboys sang at the wedding of Andrew and Emily on Sunday. As I was leaving the wedding, I happened to catch the groom alone and I told him how phenomenal that I found his wedding. He told me that the singing of the wedding party in their ceremony was a complete surprise to him that his bride had kept a secret. Wow...he had no idea! That's a nice surprise. Andrew comes from a musical family (they are Tuality Congregation's very own "Von Trapp Family Singers"!), so his wedding and reception was filled with great music.

During the ceremony, after the wedding party walked down the aisle to "Seasons of Love" from the Rent musical and he was waiting for his bride to walk down the aisle, his best man started singing the first few lines of "May I Suggest", then a Bridesmaid sang a couple lines, then another one did, then another, until they all joined in. It was a nice touch, and the bride walked down the aisle to this song (instead of the standard Wedding March). As I wrote in yesterday's post, this wedding is truly the most unique of the six weddings I've attended since 2000. I will remember theirs for a long time.

After attending six weddings, though, I hope the seventh wedding I attend will be my own. I made a suggestion to the universe. I want to get married on October 20, 2012. I set the date. Now, the lady love of my life should appear before this year ends (or by September, if the "common sense psychic" is to be believed). Save the date! I'm creating a file of all kinds of ideas I want to incorporate in my wedding.

No comments: