Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!



Just wanted to wish my blog readers a Merry Christmas! For your amusement, check out the spoiled little brat who throws a temper tantrum because he got a book for Christmas. Granted, most children want toys and although I don't remember many of my childhood Christmases, I probably did not hide my disappointment to receive clothes for Christmas.

The video makes me wonder if George W. Bush behaved this way as a tyke. We know that he's not a big reader and he told Oprah in 2000 that his favourite book was The Very Hungry Caterpillar (Gore's favourite was the French novel The Red and Black by Stendhal). As governor and president, he required all briefs to be a page long and we know that he liked short meetings and did not ask many questions to understand the issue (the way Clinton, Obama, or even his father were known to do). Watch...this kid is going to grow up to be a Republican politician in about thirty or forty years.

Hope your day is happy and bright, filled with love, hope, and peace. Merry Christmas to all!

1 comment:

Julie said...

i received 2 books this Christmas (among other things); i requested them and was happy to get them.
doesn't surprise me about W.; he doesn't strike me as much of an intellectual heavyweight.