Monday, October 04, 2010

Music Video Monday: Maroon 5



This week's music video is the new single by Maroon 5, "Misery", which I think is an awesome song that could have fit well on their last album from 2007, It Won't Be Soon Before Long. They are proving themselves to be The IT Band of the past decade and their new album, Hands All Over, will undoubtedly continue their reign. The music video shows the band's sense of humour, which is always an added bonus. In fact, it increases their cool factor.

The song's title is a perfect description of my most recent job. It was a miserable place to work, mostly because of what management was willing to tolerate (and surprisingly what they aren't willing to tolerate). In the past week, I felt a great sense of freedom and have been happier than I have been in a long time. It has been nice to hear from so many of friends that they are happy for me and actually congratulated me on the news when I shared it with them. Even the pastor of the congregation I attend told me "congratulations!" Everyone wants me to be happy. Well, everyone except the management of the most recent place I worked. They want everyone to be miserable and tolerate abusive behaviour. Some day in the spiritual realm, I will confront these people with their lies and demand answers in front of God. However, I suspect that none of them are spiritual people, so maybe God can grant them their wish to be nonexistent after they die, after living a life of screwing over as many people as possible. Sucks to be them!

Anyhow, enough about dysfunctional managers and their miserable lives, the song "Misery" is awesome. I feel like Adam Levine in that video...abused by the women at the office. However, none of them are as attractive as the babe in this video! Levine might be in misery, but I've moved beyond that. I'm loving life for the first time since the summer of 2006. If I could turn back the clock to that year, I would have definitely made another choice. The past four years could have been far more wonderful. Now that I'm free of misery, I'm sure that my future is brighter than it would be if I still remained stuck in the worst job of my life. God bless my future!

No comments: