Monday, July 19, 2010

Music Video Monday: Tina Turner



In honour of Mad Mel's mad couple of weeks, there was only one logical choice for this week's music video selection: "We Don't Need Another Hero" by Tina Turner, which was just one of many movie theme songs in the Summer of 1985 (Happy 25th Anniversary!). This song was from Mad Mel's third Mad Max film: Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome. I love this song and I love Tina Turner (such an awesome lady!). I used the lyrics to this song at the beginning of my 2007 Christmas Newsletter, because I felt the lyrics were appropriate for what our country was going through at the time (namely, not making the same mistake in 2008's election as Americans did in 2000).

Because I didn't get around to writing a Flashback Friday post about my various trips to Spain, it should be posted this coming Friday. Also coming up this week are posts about Mad Mel (I'm not done with him by a longshot, so just bear with me) and an update in the case of the massage therapist who claims that Al Gore had sexually assaulted her. A week of scandal updates! Yeeha. In case you're wondering...no, I don't give a rat's ass about Lindsay Lohan. She's a non-entity...the kind who are famous merely for being famous. She's not worth any blog posts. I stick to the kind of scandals that set an example of a larger issue (for example, Mad Mel represents what usually happens when men ditch their wives for a younger model whenever they have a midlife crisis) or when it involves a major person (such as a politician) or my place of employment (which seems to be just about every job!).