Monday, April 05, 2010

Music Video Monday: Michael Buble



For this week's music video selection, I'm going with Canadian crooner Michael Buble, who recently performed a sold-out show at Portland's Rose Garden Arena on Good Friday (there was a fleet of 7 luxury charter buses parked in one lot...does it really take that many for one performer?). I've never was a fan of Michael Buble (his last name annoys me for some reason) because I'm not a big fan of that style of music. However, I know a lot of ladies who LOVE him (he's the Harry Connick, Jr. and Frank Sinatra of our current day).

I never liked Buble's songs...UNTIL he performed earlier this year on Saturday Night Live with his latest song: "Haven't Met You Yet." I LOVED that song on first listen. Yes, it's possible for an artist to change my opinion with one song (Madonna did it in 1986 with "Live to Tell" and Sinead O'Connor did it in 1990 with "Nothing Compares 2 U"). Not only is the melody awesomely addicting to my ears, but the lyrics are so relevant to my life's search for my lady love. Depending on what songs get released this year, Buble's "Haven't Met You Yet" has the potential to be my choice for "Best Song of 2010." It's that great. I love this song so much that I may even buy Buble's latest CD.

In case you haven't seen his SNL appearance, I recommend watching it (it might be on YouTube). Not only did he sing two songs (I also liked his second song), but he had a hilarious skit with actor and host Jon Hamm about a restaurant called "Hamm and Buble" (pronounced wrongly by Hamm as "Bubbly"). I guess with a name like that, you have to have a sense of humour. There's not a whole lot of current music out there that I'm liking at the moment, but Buble's retro-style is kind of refreshing. I'm glad that he was able to create a perfect melody with awesome lyrics. Keep up the good work! Enjoy...

No comments: