Monday, March 15, 2010

Music Video Monday: Duran Duran



In honour of today's New Moon, there was only one logical choice for this week's music video selection: Duran Duran's "New Moon on Monday." Its from their album, Seven and the Ragged Tiger, which came out in 1983 or 1984. It was one of my favourites of the time. In fact, I was even inspired to write a "novel" about Duran Duran featuring their song titles as chapter titles. I only wrote one chapter, but I think I mostly wrote it to impress a certain girl in my sixth grade class who loved Duran Duran. She was indeed impressed with it and encouraged me to complete it, but I never did.

Duran Duran was one of my favourite bands in the 1980s. They scored an impressive string of hits..."Hungry Like the Wolf", "Rio", "Union of the Snake", "The Reflex" (probably my second favourite of theirs), "Wild Boys", "A View to a Kill" (by far my favourite of theirs, which is also the best James Bond theme song and their biggest hit), "Notorious", "Skin Trade", "I Don't Want Your Love", "Ordinary World," "I Come Undone", and of course..."Bedroom Toys" (from their excellent 2004 comeback album, Astronaut).

1 comment:

stargo said...

人生的價值以及他的快樂,都在於他有能力看重自己的生存........................................