Monday, February 01, 2010

Music Video Monday: Jewel



Today's music video selection is by Jewel, in tribute to an interesting moment of synchronicity last week. On Facebook, the brother of my best friend posted a doppelganger photo of himself and asked people to do the same. This intrigued me, because the person that people have said I look the most like is not very flattering. But, I did it anyway. I will feature more on this for my Flashback Friday post. Anyhow, soon, other people on my Facebook friends list started posting their doppelgangers.

I happened to sneak a quick look during the middle of the work day and saw that Christine posted that people thought she looked like the singer Jewel. I was surprised by this, as I usually am pretty good at approximating a person's closest celebrity look-alike (doppelganger). With Christine, I hadn't been able to. Anyhow, as soon as I saw her posting on Facebook, Jewel's song "You Were Meant for Me" came to mind because that is how I definitely feel about her. Some of the lyrics are quite appropriate.

The most interesting thing, though, is that within five minutes of my thinking of that particular Jewel song, the radio station I listen to all day at work (Charlie FM) actually played Jewel's "You Were Meant For Me" as the next song! I laughed as soon as it started playing. Is the universe trying to tell me something...or is this a trickster at play?

I shared this interesting moment of synchronicity with the people who run the synchronicity blog that I read on a daily basis (and they featured it on Friday's post) and with a lady I know at church who has interesting coincidences and synchronicities all the time. Here are some of the most meaningful lyrics to this beautiful ballad that really reflect how I feel about Christine, especially after she left in December:

"I'm half alive but I feel mostly dead
I try and tell myself it'll be all right
I just shouldn't think anymore tonight 'cause
Dreams last so long
Even after you're gone
I know you love me
And soon you will see
You were meant for me
And I was meant for you

Yeah... You were meant for me and I was meant for you."

2 comments:

pat m said...

Nick, please if Christine does come back, single, please, please make your feelings known and do something.

Faint heart never won fair lady.

Sansego said...
This comment has been removed by the author.