Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Traits of a Capricorn

Last week, I came across an interesting link called "Capricorn Fun Facts." I'm not a believer in astrology, so I look at any attempt to classify people by types based on the zodiac to be amusing more than scientific or even reality. However, as I read the description, I was impressed by how much of it describes me. For instance:

"When it comes to professionalism and traditional values, Capricorn wins hands-down. This practical sign loves to tackle life in the most conventional of ways, leaving no stone unturned. Considered the most serious-minded of the signs, the Capricorn possesses an independence that allows for considerable progress both personally and on the job."

Okay...fair description.

Regarding family and friends, the article says:

"Combining a strong wit and a love of humour, the Capricorn makes terrific company for those they choose as friends. They will surround themselves with people who are honest, loyal, and like-minded when it comes to working values. They cherish loved ones and will go any distance to help a friend or family member. Traditional by nature, the Capricorn loves nothing more than holidays, such as Christmas, that bring people together with a variety of activities. Although a Capricorn isn't apt to have a large social circle, those included in this sign's life will find someone who is steadfast and true. Emotional displays are not common for a Capricorn. They would rather show how they feel through deeds than expression with words."

That's pretty true in terms of how I feel about my personality traits. I definitely don't have a large social circle and pride myself on keeping it small and manageable.

For love and relationships, the article states:

"The Capricorn is most often a serious lover, preferring to take things slow and steady. You won't see this sign jumping into anything head-first. Taking relationships one step at a time is the way of the Capricorn. Words can be few with this personality, yet actions speak volumes. The Capricorn values deeds and will go to great lengths to express their affections through them. They're great gift givers and don't bat an eye at the cost of spending a fantastic night nout. Genuine and sincere, you can take what few words a Capricorn does say to the bank."

Interesting. It certainly feels true...since I've always preferred the "slow and steady" approach to developing any relationship. I hate it sometimes, but I know that if I move too quickly, I will often lose interest in the lady who once captured my attention. Sometimes, I wish I did move faster. Certainly with Christine, I should have. I didn't count on some European to hold her in a long distance relationship, though. Maybe its because I don't see myself in a long distance relationship. I don't trust them. You can't get to really know a person unless you're there in the daily details of life. Its easy to create a fantasy about a faraway person being who you imagine them to be. What happens when the fantasy doesn't live up to the reality?

When I got to the part of the article that mentioned who Capricorns are most compatible with, I was shocked to read: Taurus and Virgo. Both Christine and my sister are Taurus and Nathan is a Virgo. No wonder why I get along so great with them. Though this article doesn't mention it, I believe I saw another one that said Sagitarius is also compatible with Capricorns, which Nicholas and Jenet both are. Is there something to this astrology thing, or is it a bunch of hooey? I have been wanting to get my astrological chart done, but they look complex and hard to understand. I like simple.

Despite this intriguing concept about zodiac signs, I'm still not the kind of person who would go up to a lady in a bar and ask what her sign is. I think that's rude. Oh, if they're not one of your compatible signs, do you dismiss them? Why not get to know a person and get a feel for them before one dismisses them based on an astrological sign?


No comments: